Backpack Version 1
As depicted in the Figure, the first backpack was rapid-prototyped of 4040 and 4080 aluminum extrusions. It holds the following sensors and hardware:
- Horizontally mounted Velodyne VLP-16
- Vertically mounted Velodyne VLP-16
- my_ahrs+ intertial measurement unit
- Netgear ProSafe 8 Port Gigabit Switch
- 12V Old motorcycle battery (lead gel)
- 12V power divider for LiDARs and Switch
A visualization of the raw LiDAR measurements can be seen in the video below. The point clouds colored in green are measurements from the horizontally mounted VLP-16. Respectively, point clouds colored in blue are from the vertically mounted VLP-16.
A visualization of the raw LiDAR measurements where colors represent the intensity readings can be watched in the video below.
A SLAM run of an indoor environment is visualized in the video below. Successful loop closure detection and optimization can be seen at minute 4:34.